What is Google Bard?
The experimental Google chatbot Bard is powered by the LaMDA language model. It’s a generative AI that creates different types of material in addition to answering questions and carrying out text-based tasks like providing summaries and responses. Bard also supports with the investigation of themes by compressing information from the internet and providing links to sources with more information.Many believe that the moniker “Bard” is solely a marketing ploy because no algorithms go by the name Bard.
A small group of people in the United States and Great Britain have access to the experimental technology when Google unveiled the new chatbot Bard. Bard is in competition with similar technology from Microsoft and its partner, the San Francisco start-up OpenAI.Google has tried to manage the unexpected behaviour this type of technology sometimes exhibits, so it has been cautious with its rollout. The chatbot is being implemented as a service that runs independently from its web search engine and other goods.
What motivated Google to release Bard?
💡 Generate personalized emails, blog articles, product descriptions, and ads in seconds using the power of A.I
ChatGPT was regarded as a ground-breaking innovation with the ability to completely alter the search business and shift the balance of power away from Google search and the lucrative search advertising sector. With the wildly successful launch of OpenAI’s ChatGPT, which gave the appearance that Google was behind the times in terms of technology, Google created Bard. The New York Times reported on December 21, 2022, three weeks after ChatGPT’s launch, that Google had activated “code red” to quickly outline its response to the threat posed to its business model. Google announced the launch of Bard on February 6, 2023, 47 days after changing the code red strategy.
Controversy surrounding Google Bard:
The presentation used to showcase Google’s chatbot AI contained a factual error, which made the Bard announcement a surprising failure. Due to Google’s AI’s error, what was supposed to be a triumphant return to form turned into a humiliating pie in the face.Following this, investors lost faith in Google’s capacity to manage the impending AI era, which resulted in Google’s shares losing $100 billion in market value in a single day.
In Spite of the controversy, Google Bard has been found to be one of the many efficacious chatbots, here are some of the most defining features of Google Bard:
- Compared to ChatGPT, it is more cautious: Oren Etzioni, an A.I. researcher and professor, used the most recent version of OpenAI’s ChatGPT this month and asked the bot: “What is the relationship between Oren Etzioni and Eli Etzioni?” Eli and Oren are father and son, as was correctly stated in the response. He posed the same inquiry to Bard, but it declined to respond. Bard clarified that it does not know much about this person and hence refused to answer but did ask if there was something else it could do for the person. Eli Collins, Google’s vice president of research, claimed that the bot frequently declined to respond regarding specific individuals for fear that it may produce inaccurate information about them – a condition known to researchers in artificial intelligence as “hallucination.”
- It admits to having limitations: Bard lets you know right immediately that it is fallible. I’m Bard, your helpful and imaginative partne, t he notice at the top of the page states that I have limitations and won’t always get it right, but your input will help me grow.
- It is made for a variety of informal uses:
Bard is not intended to function as a search engine. It is an experimental system designed to demonstrate to users how to use this particular chatbot. It can produce concepts. It can also provide factual or subjective responses to inquiries. It is widely helpful to content writers since it helps them in multiple ways, as we shall see in the following section
Ways in which Google Bard is a content writer’s friend in need:
- Brainstorming: Google Bard can provide you ideas if you’re struggling to come up with content to write for your audience. Simply enter a topic or term to receive a list of similar topics. You may get ideas from these subjects.
- Research the chosen topic: Google Bard can assist you in conducting research on your chosen subject after you have an idea for a piece of writing. You can enter a question or phrase to get a list of pertinent results in response. The results that are displayed can give you more knowledge about your writing.
- Editing your document: Writing a manuscript, which comes first in the process, is frequently difficult. Google Bard can assist you with curating your first draught if you’re having trouble with your revisions. The rest of the text would be generated for you after you tie an outline to your work. You can use this it as a jumping-off point for your work.
- Proofreading and editing: You can use Google Bard to edit and proofread your work after you’re done. It would aid in pointing out your mistakes, do a grammar, spelling, punctuation, and plagiarism check, and offer suggestions for how to enhance the quality of the writeup.
Thus, Google Bard helps to not only correct grammar. But it also adds charm to the prose, suggests a plethora of writing styles which could be potentially employed, and improves the overall quality of the content.
Google Bard is a very effective tool that can aid authors in several ways to enhance their work. It enables writers to produce high-quality content for the diverse audience that they cater to while also saving time and improving their work. But what is perhaps the biggest drawback of Google Bard is the fact that it is not accessible to for everyone to use. Hence, ChatGenie is highly recommend as an efficient, accessible and efficacious AI tool.
This artificial intelligence-powered chatbot called ChatGenie enables users to communicate with a virtual assistant in their own language. Responses are personalised to the user’s interests and preferences using a deep learning-based language model. The chatbot is made to assist users in finding information, respond to inquiries, and offer guidance on a range of subjects. Users can use ChatGenie as a personal assistant to organise and manage their everyday duties. What makes ChatGenie even better is the lucrative pricing! There are 4 packages which are offered. The first being free of cost. A more enhanced package costs $29 a month, followed by a standard package of $49 a month. The extended package, costing $69 a month is the most inclusive package with a plethora of helpful features at your service.