You and I have seen how SEO has become a burning subject of interest in recent years. With each passing day, hundreds of websites are laying their feet in the already flooded search engine results. There isn’t any such field left to be touched by intense competition. Amidst that fierce rat race, we all are doing our bit to make our websites rank as high as possible in the SERPs. We are all familiar with the usual SEO strategies like backlinks, internal linking, keywords, etc. I am not here to ramble about them; you might have already seen that stuff everywhere. Today, I am here to strike up an interesting discussion about one such lesser-known but very effective SEO element that has a huge role to play in your website’s ranking and visibility. Any guesses? It is Schema Markup. Know about it? Oh, sorry, my bad! Why would you surf your eyes through this article if you knew about it? Anyways, let’s dig into it!
WHAT IS SCHEMA MARKUP (Structured Data)?
Schema Markup is a form of data that simplifies the job of search engines to comprehend the kind of content your website contains and accordingly categorize it. It consists of structured information that helps describe your site’s content and appear in more relevant SERPs. In other words, it is a language used by search engines (google search) to interpret the information on your website and bring in relevant users.
WHY IS SCHEMA MARKUP IMPORTANT FOR SEO?
Indeed, Schema Markup is less important than the other elements of SEO. It is not even considered a ranking factor by search engines. Despite this, using it can give quite a push to your SEO goals. Here are a few reasons why your website needs a Schema Markup:
- Schema Markups can have a multiplier effect on your visibility. As I said earlier, search engines can quickly analyze your webpages (website content) which in turn helps your website appear in more relevant and rich results. It means your website is more visible to your target audience, and your audience also gets the desired content which will ultimately boost your seo.
- You can use Schema Markup to boost your click-through rate. Schema Markups can make your snippets more attractive, encouraging readers to click and visit your page. By displaying rich information in your snippets, Schema Markup increases your CTR as users are more likely to come across the information they seek.
- With Schema Markup, you can put your best foot forward. Schema Markup can be very helpful in providing any information you deem critical to your sales. It gives more exposure to the valuable components of your site, which means there is more room for growth and visibility.
WHERE TO IMPLEMENT SCHEMA MARKUP?
Schema markup can get implemented in different types of content. Schema markup can be found in various forms, whether you are writing about a product or trying to popularise a brand. There are three languages of code that you can add to your HTML to help the search engines understand what exactly is on your web page: JSON-LD, microdata, and RDFa. Here are some prevalent types of Schema Markup used by eminent sites:
💡 Generate personalized emails, blog articles, product descriptions, and ads in seconds using the power of A.I
- Personal Schema Markups: As I said, Schema Markups intend to convey the desired information to search engines and readers. If your subject of interest is a person, then you would need to add Schema markup to display information like gender, occupation, age, address, etc. Such kinds of Schema Markups are popularly called Personal Schema Markups.
- Product Schema Markups: The purpose of such Product Markup is evident from its name. These Schema Markups usually contain specific information about a product. For example, you can highlight your product specs, price, and offers available. Schema markup is code that assists search engines in understanding your content and better representing it in the search results through rich snippets; this way, readers can easily compare your product with others. Not just price and features, Schema Markup can help if you are presenting reviews of different products or carrying out a competitive analysis.
- Article Schema Markups: These structured data markups are most widely used in articles and blog posts. They help search engines pull out the most crucial information of a blog post along with other components like an image, a headline, or the author’s info. This way, visitors get precise information about the contents of a blog post or article.
- Event Schema Markups: Last but not least, there’s an Event Schema Markup that provides information concerning all the details of a particular event, like a webinar, sales exhibition, or any other occasion. It could contain information like a date, time, or venue. Several tools are available to generate schemas, like Google Structured Data Markup Helper, Schema.org, and many other Schema Markup Generator tools.
Well, that’s all for now. I hope I could answer all your questions about Schema Markups and their role in SEO. Indeed, Schema Markup is not a silver bullet for all your problems. Many elements go into building a successful SEO strategy, but Schema Markup is a piece of the puzzle.
If I missed something, don’t hesitate to reach out to us in the comment section below! Your feedback helps us serve you better.
Writecream provides 30+ tools for generating tons of content within seconds! Use Writecream to create free product descriptions, personalized emails, blog articles, and much more! Our free plan provides 20 credits every month, which helps you generate 10,000 words per month!
Isn’t it amazing?
To get started, register here for our FOREVER FREE plan NOW!